A quick upgrade to WRR. Things might look a bit funny for a day or two.
As a bonus, I was able to activate Markdown for the comments. I’ll put some notes below the main comment box.
The way I see it…
I’ve been keeping a really close eye on iTunes lately, watching our rank go up and down, but staying in the top 20 (!) in the transportation category for the entire month! What is even better than that, for the last week we have been the #1 Automotive podcast* in iTunes!
Thanks for listening and helping to spread the word! If you keep it up, there is a good chance we might even break into the top 100 on iTunes!
*The Car and Driver radio show does not count. It was previously broadcast over the airwaves and internet and repurposed as a podcast after the fact. All of the other listings in the transportation directory are video casts or not automotive.
Thanks to the guys for carrying on without me for this episode. I’m sure you heard db breaking up pretty good at the beginning of the show, so I took one for the team and stepped out.
- Recorded on Gabe’s birthday. He is such a giver!
- Gabe gets JCW brakes
- More GP talk and video released
- 2007 MINIs will show up at dealers in Feb. ’07
- Todd hates the traveler wheels
- Todd gets technical with words like hubcentric and lugcentric
- Gabe and Todd both like road hazard warranties.
- The Traveler definitely gets and extra side door.
- The VW podcasts are awful as are the BMW vodcasts.
- Pants-less podcasting.
- More audio reviews coming up soon.
- Another audio clip from Robert in Toronto.
Todd did the hard part
Our midweek show…The n00b show IV – Break-in and service. Don’t agree? You know what to do.
- Why are we talking about the Olympics?
- Have you read your manual?
- Gabe doesn’t have the ’06 manual yet
- Just quoting the manual here gang…have you read yours?
- Official engine break-in is under varying engine and vehicle speed and do not exceed 4500RPM/90MPH
- Break-in means longer life. db followed break-in to the letter, and now has over 112K miles with great gas mileage!
- We are going with the engineers on break-in
- Tire break-in = about 200 miles/300KM
- Breaks break-in = about 300 miles/500KM
- Clutch break-in = about 300 miles/500KM
- db & Gabe share S-10 stories
Todd did the hard part
MF Audio Review – MCS Automatic
Gabe gives his take on the automatic version of the MINI Cooper S.
“As a follow-up to the recent MotoringFile VW GTI review (and previous MCSa review) I thought Iâ€™d offer up my thoughts on the automatic Cooper S while behind the wheel. In some ways demonstrating why the GTIâ€™s DSG is so superior as well as showing why the automatic may not be the best choice for the MINI owning control freaks out there.”
An interesting episode to start the week, for those of you that run the Sunday through Saturday week…
- Todd is working on the chapterized version of the show for you iTunes users.
- New Humvees might be hybrids
- db & Gabe throw down some NASCAR rants and Todd is a closet fan
- db wants a TRD powered Camry
- Listener emails —-More conspiracy theory in the Woofcast? —-db, Todd or Gabe at local events?
- The Dragon was supposed to be Gabe and Todd’s time
- News of the week from Motoringfile —-New GP photos —-We wager on the price of a GP —-Gabe loves the JCW leather dash —-MINI vs. Snow —-BMW ready for the new MINI Engine —-MCSc on a great road —-The Dodge Hornet —-db hates the Hornet and another rant ensues —-Road and Track Survey —-db wishes Roxy was a race car —-MINI Challenge and Phil Wicks work together
Have you had problems with your A/C? db is interested! Email us or leave a comment!
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the Motoringfile Chicago Auto Show Gallery!
Club Spotlight #2
Continuing the Club Spotlight Series, I interview George Marsh, President of SoCal MINI Maniacs.
Listen in to hear about some upcoming events and benefits of membership!
Thanks again to George for taking time out for the interview.
We’ll be back in March with another club to spotlight, so keep an eye out!