For those of you that aren’t on the email list (subscribe here), here is the latest concerning AMVIV. Don’t forget, both Todd and myself will be there! If you would be interested in Todd installing graphics on your MINI, let him know soon!
Be sure to find us and say hi. We are going to want to talk to everyone!
Also, I have been warming up WhiteRoof.tv for any video that we might capture. New gear that takes HD video as well as a little help this time around.
I just wanted to let you know what we’re up to with AMVIV and remind you of a few things.
1. Palace Station is NOT going to close or be bought by Boyd before AMVIV.
2. The group rate at Palace ends for the final time THIS FRIDAY, March 6th. If you want to stay at Palace where all the action will be, go here and book your room.
3. Registrations are up to 242 as of this morning (3/2/09) so while we are a bit behind last year, we’re still looking at a very respectable turnout, on par with or even ahead of the 2007 event.
4. The event book has now gone to the printers, so any vendors who sign up now won’t be in the book. We are still taking vendor registrations, so encourage your favorite vendors who aren’t on the www.amviv.com/sponsors.htm page yet to sign up.
5. We will be ordering the event shirts and hats this week, so if you want to guarantee that you will get your size shirt, or that you will get a hat (the extras usually sell out pretty fast in Vegas) you might want to pre-order now.
6. Just a reminder than Banquet tickets are **NOT** available in Vegas. If you want to attend, you MUST pre-order and pay for your tickets.
7. Event registrations will close at midday (12pm) West Coast time on Friday, March 20th. No exceptions. That includes vendor registrations. After noon on the 20th, no more banquet tickets will be available.
8. MINIUSA has generously decided to sponsor the Friday evening “Meet the MINIacs Mixer” and will be providing the food. Many thanks to our favorite car company!
9. Phil Wicks has asked me to pass on to you all that the Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch will, by AMVIV, be the permanent home of the Phil Wicks Driving Academy. Yes, now, any time you come to Vegas, you can do a trip to Pahrump and get some top quality MINI-focused driving instruction. I’m attaching the announcement from Phil. To go along with this news, Phil has asked me to forward this:
“Attached is a flyer announcing our home at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. Can you please send info out to AMVIV attendees stating that they can come to the track as our guest — no fees at all including gate — to take part in touring laps? Also, the first 50 cars that register with us either before the event at [email protected] or at the registration desk we will have at the hotel in the vendor area will receive free lunch in the clubhouse at the track — no cookout food — real food!
10. The weather in Vegas is already BEAUTIFUL! In the 70s with sunny skies and light breezes. For those of you dealing with snowstorms, you’re welcome to head on down early if you want.
11. This year, we are organizing a judged Show and Shine car show for the 1st time. The Show and Shine will be held at SAFE House in Henderson and will benefit SAFE House. There is a $20 entry fee, paid directly to SAFE House which is a charity that helps victims of domestic violence. As well as the funds raised from the entry fees, the Sin City MINI Club and Desert MINI of Las Vegas will each donate $2,000 to SAFE House. If you want go and look at the MINIs in the show, entry is free, though donations will be gratefully accepted of course.
For the competitors, the categories are:
- Best in show
- Best graphics
- Most YOU-nique
- Most likely to get impounded
I guess that’s about it for now. Keep listening to www.WhiteRoofRadio.com and checking back at www.amviv.com for updates. If you know someone who is into MINIs or Minis who doesn’t know about AMVIV, please forward this email to them.
See you in a couple of weeks.
Andrew Ross aka Agro
President, Sin City MINI Club www.SinCityMINIClub.com
Coordinator, A MINI Vacation In Vegas www.AMVIV.com